Cola Hot Wings
This recipe makes for an amazingly delicious tailgating snack that will wow your friends as well as one you will want to make at home for any old occasion too. These wings are not your typical hot wings. Using your favorite cola adds a slight sweet touch to these beauties. I will say that I tend to add a bit of extra cayenne pepper when I make them. I’ve seen someone substitute the wings for breast strips, I suppose if your strips aren’t too small it could work. Enjoy this super easy recipe and sauce up those wings folks!
- Prep: 15 min.
- Grill: 40 min.
- Makes about 2-1/2 dozen
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing (for serving)
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat on an oiled rack for 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed.
- Serve with salad dressing and enjoy.