Couscous Stuffed Grilled Tomatoes
Wow the vegetarians and omnivores alike with this deliciously stuffed and grilled tomato recipe. Roasting the tomatoes really releases a ton of flavor making this dish amazing. When possible, I like to use heirloom tomatoes when in season.
Total Time: 50 min.
Makes 6 servings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 7 ounces Couscous (preferably whole-grain)
- 2 ounces Pine nuts
- ½ bunch Parsley
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1 ounce Golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (hot)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 firm Tomato (each about 200 grams)
- In a pot, combine 250 ml (1 cup) of salted water with the oil and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous.
- Stir, cover tightly and let steam until water has been absorbed, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet.
- Rinse parsley and shake dry and chop leaves. Rinse scallions and slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, mix couscous with pine nuts, parsley, scallions, golden raisins, paprika and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse tomatoes. Slice off tops of tomatoes and reserve. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Season the insides of tomatoes with salt and pepper. Fill with couscous and cover with reserved tomato tops.
- Place tomatoes on a lightly oiled disposable aluminum grill pan. Place on a medium-hot grill, cover with a metal bowl (or close the grill) and cook 10 minutes.