Enchilada-Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
These enchilada stuffed grilled portobello mushrooms are an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that is ready in under 25 minutes and is hearty enough to please even your biggest carnivore.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. corn kernels
- 1/2 c. black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 c. enchilada sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp. chives
- Pre-heat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the gills out of the mushrooms.
- Brush mushroom exteriors with olive oil and place on a large plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce, salt and flour until no lumps remain.
- Spoon around 2 Tbsp. of corn and black beans into each mushroom. Drizzle with the sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
- Grill over direct heat for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with a side salad.