Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta
This recipe is a terrific addition to your next potluck or as an appetizer for your next get-together. The cheese mixture is great all by itself, but you’ll love it even more with the addition of your grilled asparagus. Enjoy!
Total: 20 min
Active: 20 min
Yield: 8 servings
- 12 thick asparagus spears, woody stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss the trimmed asparagus with olive oil and some salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred on each side, but still robust and crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the asparagus into very thin slices on the bias (diagonal), and set it aside.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Grill the bread on both sides until toasted with nice grill marks.
- Remove from the grill and immediately rub the slices of bread on one side with the peeled garlic cloves.
- In a medium bowl, mix the goat cheese, tomatoes, and red pepper until well combined. Spread the goat cheese mixture on the grilled bread in an even layer.
- Divide the asparagus among each slice of bread, layering it on top of the cheese mixture.
- Cut each slice in half and serve the bruschetta immediately.