Grilled Eggplant Rollups
Roasted peppers and goat cheese wrapped in eggplant equals your new favorite appetizer to offer to your family and friends. This recipe is a great offering when you may or may not have some vegetarians in the crowd. Step one is super important. Drawing out the moisture from your eggplant will remove some of the bitter taste some people associate with eggplant.
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 6 mins.
Total time: 51 mins.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) log goat cheese, softened
- 2 canned whole roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- Arrange eggplant slices on a large plate and sprinkle both sides with salt. Refrigerate until water has been drawn out, at least 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lightly brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning.
- Grill eggplant slices on the preheated grill, exactly 3 minutes per side. Spread goat cheese on 1 side of each eggplant slice and sprinkle with roasted red peppers. Serve open-faced or rolled up.