Grilled Lobster with Lime-Bay Butter
There is nothing better than a perfectly grilled lobster (except maybe a perfectly grilled lobster that you also caught yourself.) This simple recipe is one we're sure you will enjoy. Just be sure not to overcook your lobster.
- 3 fresh lobsters
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Bay leaves (optional)
- Bring 3 inches of water in an 8-quart saucepan to boiling over high heat. Add lobsters to the pan, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Remove lobsters from saucepan and let cool.
- Heat grill to medium heat. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, lime juice, bay leaf, black pepper, and salt over low heat for 10 minutes.
- When lobsters are cool to the touch, cut in half lengthwise and brush cut side with lime-bay butter. Place lobsters, cut-side down, on the grill about 4 inches from heat source. Cook 5 minutes. Carefully turn lobsters over, brush with butter, and continue grilling until lobster meat is cooked through about 5 minutes longer depending on the size of your lobster.
- Transfer lobsters to a serving plate and garnish with lime wedges and bay leaves, if desired. Serve one-half lobster per person.