Grilled Potato Skins
Sure you can find these in your grocers freezer but those boxed varieities will never be half as delicious as the ones you make yourself with this recipe. Feel free to get creative with the toppings but this recipe is amazing as is. A perfect dish for the next game night.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 inch on the potato skins.
- Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream.