Grilled Scallops with Remoulade Sauce
These simple grilled scallops are paired with an easy blender remoulade sauce for a quick, yet entertaining-worthy entrée.
Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 4 scallops, 2 tbsp. sauce)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallot (from 1 shallot)
- 1/2 tablespoon non-pareil capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb. sea scallops (about 16 scallops)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh thyme, tarragon, or chives
- Process mayonnaise, shallot, capers, tarragon, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and paprika in a small food processor or blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F) or heat a grill pan over medium-high.
- Pat scallops completely dry with paper towels; brush with olive oil, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place scallops, 1 at a time, on oiled grates at least 1 inch apart. (If using a grill pan, you may have to work in batches to avoid overcrowding scallops.) Grill, uncovered, until scallops are cooked 1/4 inch of the way up, no longer stick to grate, and grill marks appear, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip each scallop over in the same order in which they were placed on the grill and cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest 1 minute.
- Serve with remoulade sauce. Garnish with thyme, tarragon, or chives.