Grilled Sesame Ginger Shrimp with Snow Peas
Skewer a snow pea pod around a sesame ginger-marinated shrimp for a small bite with a big flavor. The marinade is the magic in this recipe, don't skimp on the marination time.
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 5 mins.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- Combine the first 5 ingredients for your marinade.
- Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for brushing. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade. Thread a snow pea and a shrimp onto each skewer so that one end of the shrimp is in between the 2 ends of the snow pea. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat for 2 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, brushing with reserved marinade.
Note: If you're using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for 30 mins. before grilling.