Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Are you ready for some sizzling, restaurant-quality fajitas? This spicy marinade fabulously flavors your shrimp.
Prep 30 min
Total 50 min
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 lb uncooked de-veined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 flour tortillas for burritos, 8 inch
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated guacamole
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients until well blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate, turning once. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place bell peppers and onion; spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill "wok"). Wrap tortillas in foil; set aside.
- Place basket on grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, turning vegetables once.
- Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Add shrimp to grill basket. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, turning shrimp and vegetables once, until shrimp are pink. Place wrapped tortillas on grill. Cook 2 minutes, turning once, until warm.
- On serving platter, place shrimp and vegetables; cover to keep warm. Place warmed tortillas on plate; place guacamole in serving bowl. For each serving, top tortilla with shrimp, vegetables and guacamole; fold tortilla over filling.