Grilling watermelon not only changes the texture of the fruit, but it lends a smoky flavor and brings out its natural sweetness.
Yields: 5 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small watermelon, cut into 1" thick wedges
- Freshly torn mint leaves, for serving
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, honey, and olive oil.
- Brush lime juice mixture all over watermelon wedges and place on grill. Cook until grill marks form and fruit softens slightly, about 2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with mint and flaky sea salt and serve.