Grilled Zucchini Rolls
Zucchini is such a versatile veggie. This recipe turns zucchini into a perfect little bite of magic. With this recipe, the grill marks are key to the presentation so try to lay your zucchini down accordingly.
- Total Time: 25 min.
- Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese*
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olives (opt.)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchinis
- In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into twenty-four 1/8-in.-thick slices. On a greased grill rack, cook zucchini in batches, covered, over medium heat. Grill until tender, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture on the end of each zucchini slice. Roll up and secure each with a toothpick. If you have a piping bag with a wide enough tip to pass the capers, you can always make your rolls and fill them with after they’re rolled.
*You can swap the ricotta for feta if you are craving more of a Greek flair or perhaps your favorite vegan cheese if you so choose.