Kettle Corn on the Grill
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a microwave to make popcorn. Check out this super easy and delicous popcorn recipe for your home grill.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup popcorn
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat barbeque to high heat.
- Set a cast iron pot on the grill to preheat for 10 minutes (keep barbeque lid closed). Alternatively, if you have a side burner, place the pan over high heat for 3 minutes and continue with recipe.
- Place the oil in the pan and heat for 2 minutes. Add 3 kernels of popcorn to the pan. Wait for the kernels to pop. When they do pop, add the rest of the popcorn.
- Once popcorn sizzles, pour in the sugar. Using a wooden spoon, stir to evenly mix the corn and the sugar.
- Place the lid on the pan and shake using barbeque gloves or a dry towel.
- Allow popcorn to continue cooking, while constantly shaking for 4 minutes. Once the popping has subsided, remove popcorn from the barbeque or side burner and pour onto a baking tray.
- While the popcorn is still hot, sprinkle with salt, so the salt sticks.