This marinade is a Cuban staple. If you’ve had a Mojo chicken, you know all about this beautiful, bright flavor profile. This is one recipe any grill master needs to have under his or her belt.
- 6 garlic cloves ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Sour Orange Juice (OJ with a touch of apple vinegar)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer until onions are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and cool
- Use an immersion blender to smooth
- Marinade your choice of meat (chicken and pork are our favorites) for at least 3 hours. You could marinade overnight for maximum flavor.
- This can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use.