Persimmon Hors D’ouvres
Winter fruits are so delicious grilled! These Fuyu persimmons are much crisper than the mushy ones most people are used to baking with. They slice like an apple and stayed firm after grilling to provide a smoky little snap to accompany the rich and tangy toppings. Be sure your slices are large enough for easier flipping on the grill.
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, sliced into 1/4” sections
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 oz. toasted pine nuts
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- Brush both sides of persimmon slices with honey.
- Set the grill medium heat with an open flame and grill both sides of persimmon slices just until grill marks form. (about 2 mins on each side)
- Slice persimmons to desired portion size and arrange on a platter.
- Mix together goat cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pipe (spoon the mixture into a large zip lock bag and snip the corner off) the cheese onto the persimmons.
- Arrange remaining ingredients onto the cheese and serve.