Pork Chops with Coffee Dry Rub
This recipe proves coffee is not only for drinking.
Yields: 8 Servings
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 6 medium, bone-in pork chops about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Preheat the grill.
- Generously rub both sides of the pork chops with the coffee rub.
- Grill the pork chops for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side over a medium heat.
- Let the chops rest covered with aluminum foil before serving. Discard any unused rub.