Spicy Sriracha Grilled Tofu
Tofu is a popular meat substitute not only due to its protein level (about 10 g. of protein per half cup) but also because it absorbs flavors so well. If you like spicy, give this recipe a whirl.Prep: 10 mins.
Total: 20 mins.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp.s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 package (12 oz) extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- In a medium bowl, combine sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper and ginger. Whisk until combined.
- Carefully stir a few pieces of tofu into the sauce mixture to coat, then thread tofu onto skewers and set aside. Repeat with remaining tofu and sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours. (Reserve extra marinade for grilling.)
- Heat grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook skewers for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until seared and cooked through, brushing with extra sauce while cooking if desired. Serve warm.