Summer Strawberry Sundaes
This is not your average strawberry sundae. This slow simmer recipe is the epitome of a summer dessert.
Time: 40 mins.
Yields: 6 servings
- hulled strawberries
- 3 cups red wine
- 2-3 Tbsp. blackberry jam or honey
- Vanilla ice cream
- Over very low heat or mellowed coals roll the berries around on the grill without obtaining grill marks.
- In a saucepan reduce the red wine until approx. 2/3 cup. Stir in the blackberry jam or honey. This is your sauce.
- Once berries are deeply red and look cooked, remove from grill.
- Serve over a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with sauce.